Need Help Finding B-17 Repaints

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
wingnut019
Airman Basic

Need Help Finding B-17 Repaints

Post by wingnut019 »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the repaints of "Nine-O-Nine" and "Aluminum Overcast" by Nath (nath2889 on here)? I know given recent events asking this may come off the wrong way... I've always liked flying aircraft I've actually been on from modern airliners to regional jets to vintage aircraft. I've had the pleasure of seeing the Colling's Foundation war birds multiple times, including this year, and I plan on seeing Aluminum Overcast in a few weeks. I only ask for help because I've been looking for months and most searches eventually bring me back to these forums. I do know that Nath's website and Aussiex are both down, if anyone knows somewhere I can find these repaints i'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance for any help

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Need Help Finding B-17 Repaints

Post by jcblom »

My 909 paint is now on avsim and sim-outhouse, aluminium overcast to follow this or next weekend hopefully

ImageFX17052

ImageFX2098
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

wingnut019
Airman Basic

Post by wingnut019 »

Thanks for the reply @jcblom, I haven't been on the forums recently. I'll definitely keep a lookout for all of your repaints along with Nine-O-Nine and Aluminum Overcast. I saw on your repaint thread you have quite a few! thanks for sharing your beautiful repaints with everyone :D

chipwich
Airman Basic

Post by chipwich »

I can't find the Nine-o-Nine in either library. Does anyone mind posting a link, as long as it doesn't break forum rules? I've search "nine-o-nine+, "nine o nine", 909, and nath2889, but not getting any hits. Thanks.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

jcblom wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 13:44 Here is mine: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... LID=212150
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see "Aluminum Overcast" in your library. Do you have it available? I've been searching far and wide for this repaint because I had the ultimate honor of flying with her back in September. So far all the links I've found have been dead.
ImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I may be wrong, so apologies if I am but I think the man is very disillusioned with it all right now. B-17 wise at least. I get the same way at times but I have ways of dealing with that. Although it is harder now.

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

I'm sorry to hear that, if that is the case. This leaves me in a bit of a frustrating situation where I know the repaint exists but there appears to be no working link to it. :(
ImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Well. It takes time and effort to do these paints, not to mention a certain amount of passion. Especially for the older sims. I no longer have FSX installed, but I do have P3D v3. All the Accu-sim models work in that, for me at least. With that in mind I thought I'd have a go at Aluminium (yeah, I know) Overcast. I'm not as proficient with the B-17 as JK is. Every time I check her out I find something not quite right. Nevertheless this is what I have so far and will upload later today I think.

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

bladerunner900 wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:10 Well. It takes time and effort to do these paints, not to mention a certain amount of passion. Especially for the older sims. I no longer have FSX installed, but I do have P3D v3. All the Accu-sim models work in that, for me at least. With that in mind I thought I'd have a go at Aluminium (yeah, I know) Overcast. I'm not as proficient with the B-17 as JK is. Every time I check her out I find something not quite right. Nevertheless this is what I have so far and will upload later today I think.

She looks beautiful so far! Having dabbled a bit with repaints in a few different sims, I know well that it is no small task. On top of that I'm a perfectionist, so I know how hard it is just to get a livery looking good in the first place let alone actually accurate when doing a reproduction.

Say, don't you have a website with some B-17 repaints? I am planning on downloading the "Nine-O-Nine" this weekend from (https://bladerunner900.co.uk/bin/FSX/a2a-b17.htm).

I've seen "Yankee Lady" a number of times in person (happy to see that included with the A2A package), flown in "Aluminum Overcast", and would like to honor and keep the memory alive of "Nine-O-Nine" so those are all extra special to me. Thank you for your hard work!
ImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Raven214 wrote: 28 May 2020, 11:38Say, don't you have a website with some B-17 repaints? I am planning on downloading the "Nine-O-Nine" this weekend from (https://bladerunner900.co.uk/bin/FSX/a2a-b17.htm).
Yes, that's me. I haven't done many for the B-17 but I have a placeholder for this one.

Update: Download is now live.
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 29 May 2020, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Raven214 wrote: 24 May 2020, 20:24 Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see "Aluminum Overcast" in your library. Do you have it available? I've been searching far and wide for this repaint because I had the ultimate honor of flying with her back in September. So far all the links I've found have been dead.
Sorry, I looked for it, but could not find it in any of my usual locations. I guess I had it on the OZx site before that went down, and forgot to upload it later. I could send you the paint, but it looks as if it's being done quite nicely now.
And yes, I am a bit fed up with A2A and the B-17...

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

jcblom wrote: 28 May 2020, 14:28
Raven214 wrote: 24 May 2020, 20:24 Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see "Aluminum Overcast" in your library. Do you have it available? I've been searching far and wide for this repaint because I had the ultimate honor of flying with her back in September. So far all the links I've found have been dead.
Sorry, I looked for it, but could not find it in any of my usual locations. I guess I had it on the OZx site before that went down, and forgot to upload it later. I could send you the paint, but it looks as if it's being done quite nicely now.
And yes, I am a bit fed up with A2A and the B-17...
I'm sorry to hear that, but having dabbled at repaints (of no great quality or quantity) I can certainly understand how it can be frustrating.
bladerunner900 wrote: 28 May 2020, 11:43
Raven214 wrote: 28 May 2020, 11:38Say, don't you have a website with some B-17 repaints? I am planning on downloading the "Nine-O-Nine" this weekend from (https://bladerunner900.co.uk/bin/FSX/a2a-b17.htm).
Yes, that's me. I haven't done many for the B-17 but I have a placeholder for this one.

Update: Download is now live.
Thank you so much!!! Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner, but I sure do appreciate your efforts. Now, which one to fly... :? :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Just thought I'd mention that I got her going better in v4 P3D and updated the paint scheme slightly, with different lighting in mind. Updated the pictures as well.

Carry on.

:)

new reply

Return to “Repainters”