"Cottonmouth" Mustang Livery?

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

"Cottonmouth" Mustang Livery?

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I would be forever grateful and also willing to make a donation if someone would be willing to paint this special airplane for me. The back story is that its owner was a friend of ours from back in the day. Jerry Janes, an ex-BC Lion football player bought the airplane (which had served the the RCAF with 403 City of Calgary Squadron and fought in the Football War) in pieces in El Salvador and brought them back for restoration. The result was Cottonmouth (Jerry was a Louisiana boy... :)) and it was finished in 1978-ish at which time Jerry became a fixture on the airshow circuit with this airplane, his B-25 and Harvard. Jerry is no longer with us, but I'll never forget the crushed red Western Warbirds ball cap and David Clark look :D

These are all the useful (hopefully) pictures I can find. Note that it was purchased by David Price in the early 80s at which point the JC-J changed to DG-P and I've included a couple of shots of that era for camouflage detail...the camouflage itself did not change. Note also that Cottonmouth was on both sides of the nose.

Thanks for looking and for your consideration!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: "Cottonmouth" Mustang Livery?

Post by MkIV Hvd »

BUMP...one time only...please...?
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Interesting to see the Southern Cross blue rudder on this plane. The Australian RAAF 3 Squadron flew P-51's in Italy 1944 featuring this rudder scheme.
Cheers
Trev

Spamcan51
Airman First Class

Post by Spamcan51 »

new reply

Return to “Repainters”