varying fps with different repaints (same resolution)

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: varying fps with different repaints (same resolution)

Post by bladerunner900 »

The easiest way, would be to load the .dds you want to change into a painting program of some sort and type exactly what you want. Or you could ask the original painter to do it for you. The better way would be to load the paintkit into Photoshop or Gimp and start from the beginning.

Steve.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

bladerunner900 wrote: 10 May 2020, 14:46 If you are serious about re-painting read this thread for information about the paint kits and what each file does. it's as good a place to start as any. There's a load of stuff you will have to master.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 98&t=45108

I believe texture_PW refers to a folder in the military version. It contains files specific to that model. I don't have it installed at the moment. Only the civilian. Also, how the aircraft looks is up to the painter and not all had the makers stamp on the prop. Especially during wartime. You could add it yourself and any other changes with some work.

Steve.

Edit: Just occurred to me. You mentioned the civilian version at the start. With the texture_PW folder, it sounds like you are trying to use a military skin with the civilian. They should be compatible but there may be some subtle differences. It's been a while since I ran both.
I agree 100%. I tried on and off for over a year to paint aircraft. Then I found this post by EightyFiftyFive and I've been enjoying repainting for about a year. I am learning something new all the time. I don't think I have told EightyFiftyFive thank you yet so I'll do it now. Thank you.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

I've got it. Your link helped a lot for me as a beginner.

Thanks guys!

new reply

Return to “Repainters”