How Do I post a Repaint here for download?

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
CookerCook
Senior Airman

How Do I post a Repaint here for download?

Post by CookerCook »

How do I post a repaint here for download? Does a fictional repaint have to have a different registration as I cannot find a November Register that hasn't been registered on a real plane?yet.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Re: How Do I post a Repaint here for download?

Post by CookerCook »

Is it Okay if the fictional repaints have logos that come from a Television show? (I don't like copyright infringements)
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

you need to upload it to avsim (for example) then post the link to the download here for others to get it.

I have some repaints with things like that on, so it has been done before, and i'm not aware of any issues from this, so should be ok.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

maddz wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 04:10 you need to upload it to avsim (for example) then post the link to the download here for others to get it.

Not true. You can post directly to A2A 'Finished Repaints' area without posting anywhere else. Ask me.....I refuse to post on Avsim for personal reasons and ONLY post my paints on A2A.

That said..... Let's start with the necessary links needed to post your work. Understand that you can ONLY link your photos and actual work to the forum, you cannot post directly.

Photo files need to be posted to your account at DropBox (free), or PhotoBucket ($$$) or the like. You will also need to post your actual ZIP file to someplace such as DropBox (free) or MediaFire (free) so that it can be linked to the forum as well.

Now to the actual posting. Each A2A aircraft has its own 'Finished Repaints' section of the forum. When you are ready to release your work to others, go to the aircraft type's 'Finished Repaints' section and click on the 'NEW REPLY' button on the first page (upper left corner area). That will open a message area for you to post to. Once there, you can add your comments, photo links and download links.

To post a photo you need to click on the 'Link' button above the area where you are doing your post. This will bring up the proper URL area for you to add your link. You can post multiple photos but each will require its own 'Link' button use. If you are using DropBox as your link area for photos, there is a minor change that you need to make when posting. Below is a 'useless' link to DropBox in that the 'dl=0' area near the end says 'download = nothing' That zero needs to be changed to a '1' or nothing will be downloaded. Strange, but that is the way DropBox works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8x8d6ux1u4gv ... t.jpg?dl=0

Once the photos are linked, you need to link the DOWNLOAD link for the actual work (Zip File) as well.

When finished, preview your post and then submit it to the forum using the buttons at the bottom of your work area and you are done. Your addition will be at the end of the line (highest page available) for all to see and download.

It sounds complicated, but once you have done it a couple of times, it really isn't.

Welcome to the Repainters World on A2A. Hope to see your work often.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Al FR-153 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 07:01 That said..... Let's start with the necessary links needed to post your work. Understand that you can ONLY link your photos and actual work to the forum, you cannot post directly.
maddz wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 04:10 you need to upload it to avsim (for example) then post the link to the download here for others to get it.
i'd love for you to explain the diffrence here, cuz' im boggled O_o
Al FR-153 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 07:01 Photo files need to be posted to your account at DropBox (free), or PhotoBucket ($$$) or the like. You will also need to post your actual ZIP file to someplace such as DropBox (free) or MediaFire (free) so that it can be linked to the forum as well
Oh right, and then what happens....in a few weeks / months all there will be left is dead links and pics that don't display and all we'll see is a grey square with ''image not available''
Al FR-153 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 07:01 Now to the actual posting. Each A2A aircraft has its own 'Finished Repaints' section of the forum. When you are ready to release your work to others, go to the aircraft type's 'Finished Repaints' section and click on the 'NEW REPLY' button on the first page (upper left corner area). That will open a message area for you to post to. Once there, you can add your comments, photo links and download links.
Again, then the link becomes dead...and no-one can get the repaint..

I've lost count on how many amazing repaints have been lost due to dead links from dropbox, meadiafire photobucket ect ect.

just take a look through the finished repaints yourself and see, that there are many lost due to above reason.

Hence the advice to upload somewhere where it will remain available forever.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Free hosting sites tend to delete a file after a period of inactivity. The links to files on my paid Dropbox account have been the same for the last 2 years now. When I update a picture or zip file they just get overwritten, so the link is the same. There's no need to re-post the link.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

maddz wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 12:19
Al FR-153 wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 07:01 That said..... Let's start with the necessary links needed to post your work. Understand that you can ONLY link your photos and actual work to the forum, you cannot post directly.
i'd love for you to explain the diffrence here, cuz' im boggled O_o

The difference is that AVSIM is a web site much like A2A has their web site. Posting it to AVSIM is not necessary in order to post a paint job on the A2A forum. The original question was 'how to post a paint job on the A2A forum' and that was what I was responding to.

Oh right, and then what happens....in a few weeks / months all there will be left is dead links and pics that don't display and all we'll see is a grey square with ''image not available''
Bladerunner900's response is correct. If there is inactivity, the link very well may go dead. But, I gave both free and pay sites in my response. Personally, I have been using a PhotoBucket (paid) account for years. This year, they started playing games and I am leaving them, even if it cost me more elsewhere. I too suffer from links being broken because of the games that PhotoBucket is playing, but that was not the OP's question. My MediaFire account is also paid out of my pocket, however, they do have a FREE side of the house as well.
just take a look through the finished repaints yourself and see, that there are many lost due to above reason.

What can I tell you? You get what you pay for and even then PhotoBucket can put the screws to you. I have paid accounts for multiple reasons. I consider it a donation to the A2A forum along with my paint jobs to be my contribution to the hobby. And again, I was responding to the original question on how to post to the A2A forum. You apparently prefer AVSIM. They did something to me and my work many years ago when I was doing scenery for flight sim, then denied that they did it. So, personally, I will never post on AVSIM again and will DEMAND that they remove any of my work that may ever show up there.
Hence the advice to upload somewhere where it will remain available forever.
So, to each his own. But again, I was responding to the original question and stand by my response.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Free sites are great but they are free for a reason and usually impose limits on you. As has been said, you need to find somewhere to host your paints, pictures or other files. Then, if you intend to share you need to find out the protocol for posting links to your work. I've used numerous free sites over the years and all had their own limits and procedures. Be prepared for shenanigans with those. They will mess with you, to try and get you to pay although it could backfire on them.

Ang on. Don't we all get a free Onedrive account? Is it possible to share from that? I don't know because I have not registered for the free account.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

CookerCook wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 07:53 Is it Okay if the fictional repaints have logos that come from a Television show? (I don't like copyright infringements)
Just send them lots of money. They'll be fine with that. :)
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “Repainters”