Can someone do a sign for me in P3Dv5.1

A place where painters can discuss and share their work
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Can someone do a sign for me in P3Dv5.1

Post by DHenriques_ »

I would love to have a sign that existed years ago on the outside of the Delaware ANG hangar at KILG on the wall of that building if that can be done easily by one of you guys who do the wonderful painting around here. Is it a lot of trouble to do that?
I can email you a picture of the exact building and its location on the airport along with the single line of text for the sign.
If someone can do this can you email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the two files that describe everything.
Someone did this for me for FSX but of course that won't work in P3D v 5.1 that I have now.
Many thanks if this can be done without much bother for you.
The sign is simply as follows; 142nd FTR SQD DELAWARE ANG ELEV 80FT. I have a jpg showing the exact location on the outside hangar wall I'll send you along with the Airport Diagram showing the exact building and where it is located.
Dudley Henriques

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Re: Can someone do a sign for me in P3Dv5.1

Post by TBryson2 »

Would you be using ADE or similar to put it at your airport? I could possibly make the sign for you. I know there’s a way to put the coordinates in the model, but I haven’t tried that yet. I always use ADE to place my models.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

TBryson2 wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 13:10 Would you be using ADE or similar to put it at your airport? I could possibly make the sign for you. I know there’s a way to put the coordinates in the model, but I haven’t tried that yet. I always use ADE to place my models.

TB2
Thank you. I just emailed you the samples. I don't use ADE. All I have installed is as follows;
P3D v5.1
Orbx Global, Vector, North America Landclass, and Block Island Airport
A2A aircraft

Nothing else.
Dudley

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Dudley,

I hope you are successful in getting your sign!!

This quest and your mentions of Wilmington brings back good memories for me, as being a young'un from western Canada, I oddly have a connection to that airport. My first aviation job was as a mechanic's "helper" and junior co-pilot on a Merlin for a local food company in Calgary, with the opportunity to move into the right seat of their Westwind 1123 at some point as well. I had just over 500 hours at the time and a brand new Commercial Multi IFR ticket so was really blessed with the job, having been hired by the Chief Pilot who was a friend of ours, Bill Bailey. Bill's Mustang was one of a group of four or five that was brought to Alberta from Bolivia in a creative trade for surplus T-33s in 1978-ish and he flew with the Western Warbirds while I was active in the Harvards with the group. He was also one of the professional pilots in the group who convinced me that I should go ahead with pursuing a job as a pilot. I was then further blessed by the fact that shortly after I started the job, we sold the Merlin and bought a Jet Commander and that's where Wilmington comes in...

Now that we only had two jets to fly it was time for me to go to the Flight Safety School at KILG for initial training on the Jet Commander...yeeefreakinhawww!! :mrgreen:

That was my first experience with a high level professional training facility and I had a blast! Almost all of the ground school and sim instructors in the Jet Commander/Westwind program were retired MAC guys from Dover and Flight Safety loved them because they didn't have to pay to move them to Wilmington :wink: I met some great people there at that time and though subsequent visits, the most memorable of whom was "Fast" (of course) Eddy Carson, an ex-C5 Flight Engineer who was the source of many entertaining stories and sayings...

Student: "Ed, how does that component work?"
Ed: "PFM" ...class continues until someone can't take the suspense...
Student: "What's PFM??"
Ed: "Pure Magic..."

"The Jet Commander 1121 has AC busses and DC busses...the AC bus goes to Atlantic City and the DC bus goes to Washington...". Fun stuff... and he also took us out on his boat on the Chesapeake during one of our trips 8)

I could go on and on but probably the funniest memory was the time that my partner, a golfer, wanted to go check out the local course he'd been given directions to by one of the FSI guys during the two hour break before our sim session. It was a gloomy low overcast day and the long story made short is that we ended up getting lost for around three hours...within probably 10 miles of the airport...drove through the same overturned tractor trailer unit accident in the middle of the small town twice...once from each direction. While we were explaining our tardiness we were assured that at times even locals struggle with the Delaware/New Jersey road system...unless they were just trying to make us feel better :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks for the memories and good luck with the sign! Maybe we can campaign Orbx to do the complete airport...I'm sure they're not up to much else right now :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 10:39 Dudley,

I hope you are successful in getting your sign!!

This quest and your mentions of Wilmington brings back good memories for me, as being a young'un from western Canada, I oddly have a connection to that airport. My first aviation job was as a mechanic's "helper" and junior co-pilot on a Merlin for a local food company in Calgary, with the opportunity to move into the right seat of their Westwind 1123 at some point as well. I had just over 500 hours at the time and a brand new Commercial Multi IFR ticket so was really blessed with the job, having been hired by the Chief Pilot who was a friend of ours, Bill Bailey. Bill's Mustang was one of a group of four or five that was brought to Alberta from Bolivia in a creative trade for surplus T-33s in 1978-ish and he flew with the Western Warbirds while I was active in the Harvards with the group. He was also one of the professional pilots in the group who convinced me that I should go ahead with pursuing a job as a pilot. I was then further blessed by the fact that shortly after I started the job, we sold the Merlin and bought a Jet Commander and that's where Wilmington comes in...

Now that we only had two jets to fly it was time for me to go to the Flight Safety School at KILG for initial training on the Jet Commander...yeeefreakinhawww!! :mrgreen:

That was my first experience with a high level professional training facility and I had a blast! Almost all of the ground school and sim instructors in the Jet Commander/Westwind program were retired MAC guys from Dover and Flight Safety loved them because they didn't have to pay to move them to Wilmington :wink: I met some great people there at that time and though subsequent visits, the most memorable of whom was "Fast" (of course) Eddy Carson, an ex-C5 Flight Engineer who was the source of many entertaining stories and sayings...

Student: "Ed, how does that component work?"
Ed: "PFM" ...class continues until someone can't take the suspense...
Student: "What's PFM??"
Ed: "Pure Magic..."

"The Jet Commander 1121 has AC busses and DC busses...the AC bus goes to Atlantic City and the DC bus goes to Washington...". Fun stuff... and he also took us out on his boat on the Chesapeake during one of our trips 8)

I could go on and on but probably the funniest memory was the time that my partner, a golfer, wanted to go check out the local course he'd been given directions to by one of the FSI guys during the two hour break before our sim session. It was a gloomy low overcast day and the long story made short is that we ended up getting lost for around three hours...within probably 10 miles of the airport...drove through the same overturned tractor trailer unit accident in the middle of the small town twice...once from each direction. While we were explaining our tardiness we were assured that at times even locals struggle with the Delaware/New Jersey road system...unless they were just trying to make us feel better :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks for the memories and good luck with the sign! Maybe we can campaign Orbx to do the complete airport...I'm sure they're not up to much else right now :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Great stories of old New Castle Airport. It's changed a lot from the old days. Runway 1 is still the ILS runway and they built a whole new tower.
Atlantic is still going strong. The old Dutch Pantry on the DuPont Highway is gone. Man I LOVED that sweet and sour salad dressing they had there!
The old guard hangar off the far end of 32 is now something else and the old ramp that was once filled with Mustangs, Jugs, F84G's, F86A's and F86H's is cracked and aged now. Sort of like me I guess. Old ! :-)
D

new reply

Return to “Repainters”