Finished Repaints

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Finished Repaints HB-OTW

Post by Al FR-153 »

One of the Comanche 250's that Oskar [lonewulf47] mentions in the above post, HB-OTW is detailed from photos supplied on the internet and more importantly, fantastic, super sharp photos taken by Oskar on a recent visit (and flight). Thank you Oskar....

This aircraft was virtually free of dust, dirt, paint chips, and crud. It is hangared in a rather unique hangar according to Oskar, and is well taken care of. Except for some underbelly crud, this white beauty is modeled the same way.

A couple of the unique findings on this aircraft were the 'stained' Comanche 250 badges which are blue, but not painted. Also, there is some 'Nose Art' in the form of a stylized 'Piper Aztec' flying eagle. More on the eagle shortly.

Well, while on the subject..... Notice the starboard side custom painted, stylized eagle is flying in the wrong direction. From what Oskar was told, this was a 'painter's screw up'... :oops: ... . It puzzled both of us, so Oskar asked the aircraft owner. Yes, I could have corrected it, but then, it would be incorrect.... :) :)

Added to the A2A model, but on the actual aircraft, is an access door to a 12V-DC receptacle (non functional here).

And finally, a starboard three quarter shot of the nose of this snow white beauty.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jas7c ... HB-OTW.zip
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Finished Repaints

Post by lonewulf47 »

Thank you, Al, for this immaculate repaint. As mentioned, I was visiting the A/C at it's home airport, LSZQ Bressaucourt, where it is hangared in a round turntable-style hangar. A very simple rendition of the airport can be found here (I made it a few years ago when the airport was newly opened): http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Sea ... &Go=Search

Be advised that this add-on only works if used with a hi-res mesh of the Switzerland region (min LOD 10 = 38m, better LOD 11 = 19m) as adjacent to the airfield there is a double highway bridge which would be buried if no hi-res mesh is used. The bridges however are landable. Not an easy task but I managed to put the Comanche there... :lol: - in the sim, to make it clear, not in RL... :wink:

Here are a few screenies from the inaugurational flight at LSZQ:

Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

Flieger-Marius wrote:I'm back as well. :)
This time with a Commanche that has quite a story to tell, but I'll leave that to Steve, the man who asked me to paint her.

This is for you and your brother!

More pictures: https://www.facebook.com/EDRM.Repaints

The download: http://flieger-marius.bplaced.net/pages ... hp?id=pa24
The interior is beautiful. Altogether a magnificent job. Thank you for your excellent work.

Stew
ImageImage Image

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Finished Repaints - N7727P

Post by Al FR-153 »

At the request of av8erjm, a prior co-owner of N7727P, this baby is painted in Santa Fe red and Sun Valley ivory. Jim requested a 'just out of the paint shop' rendition, which he has....but in this release version, you will get a well maintained, hangared, but gently used model. The actual aircraft had a black on black panel, and an all gray naugahyde interior. So, so does this model.

A special thanks goes to Jim for his photos and technical advisories on making this as realistic as possible.

N7727P did not have tip tanks, however, a set of red tip tanks are included for those long trips.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m3af ... y_Used.zip
Al Heline

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

C-FBPU by request: Includes custom interior with black carpet, light blue/white seats and door/wall panels and a light blue lower instrument panel.

Here's the Thread

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by spacejunkee on 29 Sep 2015, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Just downloaded your great paint spacejunkee, Thank you.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

seejay
Senior Airman

Post by seejay »

Got it !! She's a beaut too. Thanks,
Think I'll go for a little flip up around Smith Falls,--if the weather clears :)
CJ

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

seejay wrote:Got it !! She's a beaut too. Thanks,
Think I'll go for a little flip up around Smith Falls,--if the weather clears :)
CJ
:) :)

Keep smiling
Tug :)

FanofDC-3
Airman

Post by FanofDC-3 »

Flieger-Marius wrote:Next up from me is a Mooney born into the body of a Canadian Piper: C-FMEB :D
This Comanche comes with a few modifications.
First up is the tinted windshield. This can be turned off by removing glass.dds and fresnel4.dds.
This paints also comes with two custom interior versions (light and dark wooden panel). See the additional readme file for switching.

Hi. I'm very new to repainting and manipulating the files that contain them. Sadly, I'm quite computer ignorant. Please forgive this probably stupid question. I really like the beautiful wood instrument panels you created for the Comanche and would like to use the darker one with another repaint. If I download your repaint, would I be able to extract and use just the wood panel? Thanks very much. Jeff

More pictures: https://www.facebook.com/EDRM.Repaints

The download: http://flieger-marius.bplaced.net/pages ... hp?id=pa24

Blank texture download: http://bit.ly/1Cveady

FlightPassion
Airman

Post by FlightPassion »

Tigerwulf wrote:OK , finally uploaded!!

Download from Dropbox

Download form AVSIM

This is the repaint I use as standard now, even at my local flying club sim. Very Well done!

mevans
Airman First Class

Post by mevans »

Union Jack is upside down!

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

FanofDC-3 wrote: Hi. I'm very new to repainting and manipulating the files that contain them. Sadly, I'm quite computer ignorant. Please forgive this probably stupid question. I really like the beautiful wood instrument panels you created for the Comanche and would like to use the darker one with another repaint. If I download your repaint, would I be able to extract and use just the wood panel? Thanks very much. Jeff
Try to not quote images in your reply. When you reply with quote just delete the lines that say /IMG etc

Anyway yes it's totally possible. Copy the VC1.dds file from the folder you want into the texture folder you're going to use the new VC paint with.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Requested by awash2002, who has since taken off for an around the world trip with her..... Here is N7829P:

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cva9y ... manche.zip
Al Heline

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'm glad I added the tip tanks I now have enough fuel to make it all the way around the world just got to get to BGR for the wet wing mod that will add a extra 100 gallons of fuel 50 a side plus the 30 gallon tip tanks should have enough fuel to go for 8 to 9 hours in the air

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

just got to get to BGR for the wet wing mod that will add a extra 100 gallons of fuel 50 a side
:shock:....Hope you are flying alone....otherwise.....there goes the changes of underwear...... :lol:
Al Heline

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”