Guys: Our Mission For next Sunday is a training flight in our B-17s. Our B-17s will be loaded with a default light fuel load and a full load of AN/SSQ-62F DICASS sonobuoys in the bomb bay. If you don't have a B-17, you can fly along in any warbird that can keep up.
We'll take off from Travis Air Force Base and climb to 8,500 feet as we head for the Santa Rosa VOR (STS). We will attempt to form up into a semblance of formation during this leg. After crossing STS, we will turn left to a bearing of 209 degM and begin a descent to 1,100 feet ASL approximately 3 miles west of the tip of Point Reyes. We will continue on a bearing of 180 degM to our IP, which is just inside the northern extent of the Farallon National Wildlife Refuge. We cannot descend below 1,000 feet anywhere within the FNWR. At the IP we will turn left to bearing 118 degM, heading directly for the Farallon Islands. Open bomb bay doors and be ready with the pickle. We will fly one counter-clockwise curcuit around the Farallons, including Seal Rock to the south, with each of us dropping our sonobuoys in turn, hopefully establishing a curtain of sonobuoys around the island complex. From there we clean up the aircraft and egress on a course of 62 degM, toward the Golden Gate Bridge. We will fly underneath the bridge, then fly over Alcatraz Island, whereupon we will turn left to course 028 degM, finishing our flight back where we started, at Travis AFB.
Meet: 1830z or earlier to check out your airplane, warm it up, etc.
Take Off: 1900z
Sim time for take off: 1100 local
Weather: Real, Historical for the time and date of our flight, or clear if bad.
Server: Digital Themepark
Comms: A2A Discord.
Here's the SkyVector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=37.8702190886 ... TTS%20KSUU.
I'll post a similar message about this flight on the MP Section of the A2A Discord Channel, which will include the flight plan in .pln format.
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest