Help regarding the Honeycomb Bravo quadrant

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Help regarding the Honeycomb Bravo quadrant

Post by MarcE »

Cheers guys =)

Has anyone found a solution how to make the announciator lights on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant work with Accusim aircraft? Some lights like the parking brake or Anti Ice work fine the way they are set in the Aerosoft/Honeycomb Configurator but in the Bonanza and Comanche for example the low fuel and low volts warnings won't extinguish.

I have this configurator, a registered version of FSUIPC6 and Linda available although I don't expect the latter to be helpful in this case.

Any ideas, recommendations or even solutions?

Thanks
Marc

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Re: Help regarding the Honeycomb Bravo quadrant

Post by Seat7A »

It seems no one have an answer to this problem. I have the same with Comanche. I use FSUIPC and LINDA for programing. Any help from anyone?

/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

MarcE wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 17:47 I have this configurator, a registered version of FSUIPC6 and Linda available although I don't expect the latter to be helpful in this case.
I don't have the Honeycomb, so I'm not sure how useful this may be. However, if you are using LINDA, and should LINDA recognize the controller, it will populate the applicable controller page with only what that controller supports (ex. buttons and switches). I would suppose that the individual lights are either mapped to a switch or mapped to a function (which can then be mapped to a switch/button). Check and see what, if any, functions are pre-assigned to that. You may need to override that "canned" function with a user-specific one, or even write a .lua script to do what you want.

Al "Chevalier"

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Masterius wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 17:38
MarcE wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 17:47 I have this configurator, a registered version of FSUIPC6 and Linda available although I don't expect the latter to be helpful in this case.
I don't have the Honeycomb, so I'm not sure how useful this may be. However, if you are using LINDA, and should LINDA recognize the controller, it will populate the applicable controller page with only what that controller supports (ex. buttons and switches). I would suppose that the individual lights are either mapped to a switch or mapped to a function (which can then be mapped to a switch/button). Check and see what, if any, functions are pre-assigned to that. You may need to override that "canned" function with a user-specific one, or even write a .lua script to do what you want.

Al "Chevalier"
No they are actually assigned to simulator outputs like for example „fuel pressure is over xyz psi“ or the landing light LEDs are red when the gear information is 0<x<1 and green when gear down is completed. I don‘t know enough about these kind of values so I can‘t explain it correctly but the LEDs give out actual situations, they have nothing to do with the quadrant’s switches. The problem we face is that Accusim circumvents many of the sim‘s variables and functions and so there is nothing for the quadrant to read from the sim.

LEDs like prking brake or gear position/situation works fine but others like fuel pressure don‘t.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

MarcE wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 20:54The problem we face is that Accusim circumvents many of the sim‘s variables and functions and so there is nothing for the quadrant to read from the sim.

LEDs like prking brake or gear position/situation works fine but others like fuel pressure don‘t.
The LEDS are, if I'm correct, controlled by what are called "Local Panel Variables"...Lvars. As I don't have a Honeycomb I'm not able to be more specific, but what you most likely need to do is figure out what Lvar effects the LED status. As it appears the standard Lvar for the fuel pressure does not illuminate/extinguish the LED, you'd need to write a lua script that reads the one Lvar value of the sim and writes an Lvar that the Honeycomb can recognize.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Masterius wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 21:45
MarcE wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 20:54The problem we face is that Accusim circumvents many of the sim‘s variables and functions and so there is nothing for the quadrant to read from the sim.

The LEDS are, if I'm correct, controlled by what are called "Local Panel Variables"...Lvars. As I don't have a Honeycomb I'm not able to be more specific, but what you most likely need to do is figure out what Lvar effects the LED status. As it appears the standard Lvar for the fuel pressure does not illuminate/extinguish the LED, you'd need to write a lua script that reads the one Lvar value of the sim and writes an Lvar that the Honeycomb can recognize.
Hm yes... behind the profile setting tool and its clear name setup there must be an xml or lua file or something like that. So basically it should be possible (at least I hope lol) to add the A2A LVARs to the profile that runs the LEDs as an OR logic. I‘ll have a look at that. Thanks for that hint!

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

guys, I did get some of the lights to work. Just make sure you adjust the pressure numbers specific for each aircraft. It will have two conditions. One less than number and one greater than number.

When I get home I'll let you know the variables and the conditions.. But like I said you need to change it for each aircraft with the different profiles since they all have different pressure requirements.

Edit: Actually, here is an example to get the oil pressure light working on the 182... Enter the Lvar: (L:Eng1_OilPressure,psi). The conditions should be IF Oil Pressure < 4 OR Oil Pressure > 6, then illuminate. (Or whatever the oil pressure requirements are for the 182, I don't remember off the top of my head.)

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Thank you for your efforts. If it is not too difficult, I would be grateful if you could indicate where the Lvar values should be changed. Waiting anxiously for the next message...

/Thomas
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Alright, I made it back home.

For the Comanche on the oil pressure LED light I did two conditions for it to trigger:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition-Link: Should be set to "OR"

Condition 1:
Key: L
Name: Eng1_OilPressure
Index:
Unit: psi
Value:<50

Condition 2:
Key: L
Name: Eng1_OilPressure
Index:
Unit: psi
Value:>50
----------------------------------------------------------------
Vacuum:
Condition 1:
Key: A
Name: SUCTION PRESSURE
Index:
Unit: inHg
Value: <4
----------------------------------------------------------------
Door:
Condition 1:
Condition: EXIT OPEN
Index:
Value: >0
---------------------------------------------------------------
Parking Brake:
Condition 1:
Condition: BRAKE PARKING POSITION
Value: =1
-------------------------------------------------------------
Low Fuel Pressure:
Condition 1:
Condition: ENG FUEL PRESSURE
Value: <0

Condition 2:
Condition: ENG FUEL PRESSURE
Value: >500
-------------------------------------------------------------

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Thank you for your information. I think this is a little too complicated for me. I'm not comfortable making changes to this type of document. I have found the document where the current values are, BFC_Throttle_Config.json. But how to change after your tasks I do not understand.
For me, it is also a problem that I do not use profiles and have only installed Honeycomb Configurator to make the lighting on the throttle work. All configuration of axes and controls I do in FSUIPC and LINDA, which also works great for Comance AP. If, contrary to expectation, I succeed in making the changes you have proposed, they would apply to all A2A machines. Thanks anyway.

/Thomas

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Seat7A wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 07:09 Thank you for your information. I think this is a little too complicated for me. I'm not comfortable making changes to this type of document. I have found the document where the current values are, BFC_Throttle_Config.json. But how to change after your tasks I do not understand.
For me, it is also a problem that I do not use profiles and have only installed Honeycomb Configurator to make the lighting on the throttle work. All configuration of axes and controls I do in FSUIPC and LINDA, which also works great for Comance AP. If, contrary to expectation, I succeed in making the changes you have proposed, they would apply to all A2A machines. Thanks anyway.

/Thomas
All of those variables are entered into the honeycomb configurator on mine. There are some tutorials on youtube.

I forgot to mention that on those special variables, you have to set the condition as CUSTOM VAR then you are able to enter all the parameters as needed.

https://imgur.com/a/yQn3t2l

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

Marc,
I just posted my profile for the Bonanza here

twsharp12,
Thanks for posting your settings. I'll probably update my profiles a bit next week based on what you posted!

Best regards,
Lars
Best regards,
Lars Domen

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Fsuipc I know. LINDA, well that's new to me. What is LINDA?
Thanks.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”