A2A Aerostar Emergency Landing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Aerostar Emergency Landing

Post by MkIV Hvd »

I own the Comanche but rarely fly it...he's always mad at me for leaving him sit for too long... :cry:
It will take a Comanche 400 to get me out of the Bonanza for a while at least.... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 11:20
Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:43 After we release the new Comanche

Scott
New Comanche??
I'll be a day one buyer for that. A2A's Comanche is still my favourite GA aircraft by a long way. Great news.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

alioth
Senior Airman

Post by alioth »

New Comanche? oh yes... :mrgreen:
fs2020?

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

alioth wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 03:31 New Comanche? oh yes... :mrgreen:
fs2020?
As much as I'd love it to be the case, I suppose it's the Comanche 400 for P3D... ;-)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

alan CXA651 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:02 Hi.
The NEW comanche , can mean a re-mastered comnche for 2020 , or a TWIN comanche for p3d/2020 , that will get some heads scratching .
regards Alan. 8) :lol:
for the new Microsoft flight sim you mean? man i wish i could have that and the A2A stuff that would be so awsome 8)

djbully
Airman

Post by djbully »

Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:43 After we release the new Comanche

Scott

That is a mouth watering sentence right there! Oh yes :D :D :D :D
EGHI

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:43
After we release the new Comanche

Scott
Hahaha! Hook, line and sinker. Either they've remastered the 250 for P3D or it's actually the 400 for P3D. I don't think it's for FS2020 considering there isn't even an SDK available for that yet. What a teaser... :P
Cheers!/Andreas

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

addman wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 15:51
Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:43
After we release the new Comanche

Scott
Hahaha! Hook, line and sinker. Either they've remastered the 250 for P3D or it's actually the 400 for P3D. I don't think it's for FS2020 considering there isn't even an SDK available for that yet. What a teaser... :P
All it needs is a possibility to bind Accusim to the sim. Scott has already said that they are going to customize their models even more. The SDK is only required if you actually use the sim‘s features. Everything else is up to the knowledge and skills of the developers. And Nick or Louis said they can‘t wait to show us soon what their planes look like in MSFS

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

it sounds neat that A2A wants to be in the new flight simulator. but would we have to buy all the planes again? if so that would cost me a small fortune :? i think i will stick with my good ole FSX cause i have it all set the way i want. i just grab an A2A plane nd go flying. i don't want to start from scratch again. with all my flights and hobbs time.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

cessna lover wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:14 it sounds neat that A2A wants to be in the new flight simulator. but would we have to buy all the planes again? if so that would cost me a small fortune :? i think i will stick with my good ole FSX cause i have it all set the way i want. i just grab an A2A plane nd go flying. i don't want to start from scratch again. with all my flights and hobbs time.
A2A will make airplanes for MSFS and they will be new purchases as they will be completely different products than the FSX versions. The same applied with the P3D fleet...new product, new purchase with upgrades for new P3d versions being available at no cost. I am quite sure though (he said, hopefully...;), that they'll be able to save the data in a way that you'll be able to transfer your airplane's hours to the new sim.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

cessna lover wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:14 it sounds neat that A2A wants to be in the new flight simulator. but would we have to buy all the planes again? if so that would cost me a small fortune :?
Think of it this way. If we were able to somehow push our entire fleet through a translator that made them what they are now, but in FS2020, then we clearly wouldn't charge much for that because we have that translator. But we don't. Especially considering we've written large, all new areas of flight sim code. We aren't be able to rapid fire out airplanes. It will be likely a 2 airplane per year, because it's taking the same or more labor for us to create an airplane for FS2020 than it did for FSX. In our dreams we wish we could snap our fingers and have 100 accusim planes.

Getting our technology to work in FS2020 has been the biggest pita we've had to deal with in over a decade. It's been stressful on the team. Reaching high always brings risk. We could have easily had airplanes in FS2020 out now if we just lowered our standards. It's not a criticism of the platform, but just an unfortunate reality of developing for a new technology. The good news is once we break out and have a system in place for FS2020 (like designing an assembly line), production will be back to somewhat normal.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I'm not in any real rush to see all my A2A aircraft in FS2020. If they were to all suddenly become available in FS2020, then I'd have to figure out how to get a Nvidia 2080 GPU like, NOW, and then go through the hassle of downloading and figuring out a whole new system. From what I've heard, none of the keyboard commands are the same - stuff like that.

Plus, you have to work at it in order to stay current in an A2A airplane. You need to fly it. There's no way I could stay current if I had all the airplanes that I've seen people asking for on this board. OK, I'd maybe put the 182 in the back of the hangar if A2A came out with a Cessna 185. Yeah. And I'd love to learn how to fly a twin on a B-25 Mitchell. Way cooler than an Aerostar.

Just got done preparing my Connie for tomorrow's MP flight. Sorry that I missed that Spitfire flight on Friday. All in all, I really enjoy my A2A flying experience!

Seeya
ATB

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Scott - A2A wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 18:52
cessna lover wrote: 06 Mar 2021, 07:14 it sounds neat that A2A wants to be in the new flight simulator. but would we have to buy all the planes again? if so that would cost me a small fortune :?
Think of it this way. If we were able to somehow push our entire fleet through a translator that made them what they are now, but in FS2020, then we clearly wouldn't charge much for that because we have that translator. But we don't. Especially considering we've written large, all new areas of flight sim code. We aren't be able to rapid fire out airplanes. It will be likely a 2 airplane per year, because it's taking the same or more labor for us to create an airplane for FS2020 than it did for FSX. In our dreams we wish we could snap our fingers and have 100 accusim planes.

Getting our technology to work in FS2020 has been the biggest pita we've had to deal with in over a decade. It's been stressful on the team. Reaching high always brings risk. We could have easily had airplanes in FS2020 out now if we just lowered our standards. It's not a criticism of the platform, but just an unfortunate reality of developing for a new technology. The good news is once we break out and have a system in place for FS2020 (like designing an assembly line), production will be back to somewhat normal.

Scott
i understand this. it's ok thats why i will keep FSX i am current on all but 3 A2A planes on that sim. 8)

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

Could you please consider an import tool for dat files, for those people who are moving to a different platform, so you could import a state the plane was in previously?

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 17:56 I own the Comanche but rarely fly it...he's always mad at me for leaving him sit for too long... :cry:
It will take a Comanche 400 to get me out of the Bonanza for a while at least.... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
i know what ya mean. i have planes all over the country. two might have flats and the others need the cobwebs cleaned out before they can fly. lol since we beat the devil out of this topic :oops: sorry Scott does that mean that A2A is done with FSX and there won't be any new planes coming out for it?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”