Flap & Gear does not move, can not load laggage

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
shibekora
Airman Basic

Flap & Gear does not move, can not load laggage

Post by shibekora »

Hi
My sim is P3D V5.1 HF1. I have purchased comanche 250 recently in Simmarket, and download the file of Comanche_P3Dv5_Professional.zip, then installed into the different folder from P3D successfully. In the P3D addon list I could see A2A.
Everythig is fine except above mentioned issues.
In this forum I could find out topic almost same issue saying "comanche external view no flap and gear movement". I could notice "execute delete the generated files of P3D", therefore I did the same way. However, unfortunately, issues are not solved.
In the cockpit view, I could see the movement of flap lever, and switch of gear retracting. Green light of gear is on and off accordingly.
I have four colors of Comanche, I could see the movement of flap and gear a couple of times in white and red color, but next flight I had same issue. At the moment I could not see any movement in all of colors.
What I found is when the issue happens, I have another issue that I could not load laggage while could load passenger in shift+4 menu.
I have checked effect of gear and flap during the flight. Even though flap and gear do not move in the external view, Comanche reacted in its pitch apparently, and I could hear of change of wind sheering sound. Therefore in the flight model, flap and gear do move, but seems not being moved visualy.
I hope to have suggestion how do I check next.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Moto

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flap & Gear does not move, can not load laggage

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Moto and welcome.

Please can you let us know if you have any other P3D utilities or add-ons running when you use the Comanche? Also, after you reset the Prepar3D.cfg, can you confirm if you're launching the original default P3Dv5 flight and then selecting the Comanche, or are you loading the Comanche in a different way, for example from a saved scenario?

For troubleshooting, I'd recommend that you load a default aircraft first and then switch to the Comanche.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

shibekora
Airman Basic

Post by shibekora »

Thank you Nick for your so quick reply.
Yes I use several addons;
Activesky P3D
Ultimate Traffic Live
FSUIPC ver6 registered
Spad.next
EZDOC 3.1
And control hardware are
Saitek multipanel, Radio panel, switdh panel
Yoke and throttle are controlled through BU0836A joystick controller.

Having read relevant topic as I wrote, I have learned the procedure as follows and I have followed; All exe file are loaded as admin.
1. Execute "delete generated files.exe" in P3D folder
2. Restart PC
3. Load activesky
4. Load P3D (during load Ulitimate traffic live, EZDOC and spad.next are automatically loaded)
5. In the opening dialogue, select "default.xml" that means F35 at the air base
6. Select Comanche in the vehicle menu
7. Check the issue solved ?

Above are all I did.

Is there anything or files should be checked?
Thank you in advance.

As for my confirmation, I have checked another vehicle carenado AZTEC, flap and gear are moved as I set.
Moto

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thank you for the additional info Moto. That's an impressive list of add-ons and hardware, so I think for troubleshooting this issue, it's best if we can thin the list out a bit.

To start with, please can you launch P3D with FSUIPC disabled (just move the FSUIPC5.dll into a different folder before launching) and then try moving the gear or flaps using mouse clicks of the relevant levers in the virtual cockpit rather than with any of your hardware controls.

I also recommend you also launch P3D without ActiveSky, just so we can reduce the number of programs interacting with SimConnect as much as possible. Similarly, I'd advise that you close EZdok once it's launched too for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

shibekora
Airman Basic

Post by shibekora »

Thank you Nick for your advice.

I have tried three conditions that you mentioned, but unfortunately I could not move spoiler and not set laggage with shift+3 menu.
I have checked as follows according to your advice, between each check I did not restart PC only shut down P3D. So, each check were continuously carried out.
I checked the behaviors only on the ground, so no information on the gear retract issue. I checked each condition one by one.
Before start followings, I did "delete generated files.exe" and restart PC.
1. Move out FSUIPC6.dll from the Prepar3d v5 Add-ons folder then start activesky, P3D. Select Comanche of white color. I checked no FSUIPC in the addon list of P3D.
Move flap lever by the mouse click as you mentioned, I could not see any movement of flap in the external view.
2. Return FSUIPC.dll back to original folder. Start P3D without activesky. I chose fairweather in the opening dialogue. Select Comanche of white color.
I did same procedure for flap and laggage, but no movement.
3. Start activesky, and P3D, but quit EZcam. I checked no menu of EZcam in P3D addon list.
Same result as above.
4. All three conditions out, No activesky, No FSUIPC, quit EZcam
Eventually, I could not get good results.
I have had an experience on infulence of EZcam when I tried to use FS2Crew with Majestic Q400. So I wonder if EZcam might have some influence, but unfortunately nothing in this case.

Additionaly, since Spad.next also uses simconnect, I checked without Spad.next, got no gain, whooooooo.

As fur as I could be aware of, I could not think of further action.
I think about are there anythig like log files or config file to reserch on this matter.

Moto

shibekora
Airman Basic

Post by shibekora »

Dear Nick

I have got the procedure by which I could handle the movement of flap and gear and laggage with shift+4.
Having had suggestion that to load different type of vehicle then switch to Comanche.
I have tried a couple of combination.
Eventually, AC11 commander 114 that is one of the P3D's library with single reciplocal engine was the appropriate vehicle.
At the start up of P3D, select A11 commander, then make a maneuver of flap with engine running (can not move flap without engine running in case of A11 ). Stop the engine and make all switches off. That is cold condition.
Then switch to Comanche in the vehicle menu. I could see the movement of flap and set the laggage, finaly could see the retract of gear during flight.
I have repeated same procedure twice, I could make flight successfully in both the case.
For my confirmation, I have tried to select Comanche at the begininng of P3d again. That was same as before, no movement of flap and no gain in laggage.
Activesky, EZcam, FSUIPC and Spad.next are all on.
I could not understand why above method goes well.
Anyway therefore, at the moment, I think I should take above complicated procedure to make a flight of Comanche.

In neat future, I hope to have more convinient way, I have to be patient.

Thank you Nick for your suggestion.

Moto

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Moto.

It does sound like there's something quite specific to the software setup on your system that's causing this flight load issue. Though we advise customers not to save a complex add-on like the Comanche in the default flight, loading it straight from the scenario startup screen normally shouldn't present any problems.

However, in your case, it's likely that the interactions which go on when the first flight loads are a bit more complex due to all the add-ons involved.

One thing you could try is deleting the Comanche's log.dat file in case these have somehow become a bit corrupted at some point. To do this, just remove the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder after backing up, if you're concerned about loosing the persistent state of the plane.

Something else you could try is saving a different, simpler aircraft in your default flight. For example, something like the Mooney Bravo or Acclaim.

Best regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

shibekora
Airman Basic

Post by shibekora »

Dear Nick

Since I made additional step having P3D default vehicle before selecting Comanche, I have enjoyed flights.
However, recently, it has become to not effective way eventhough I have not did anything to the condition or add-ons on sim.
So, I have tried to use Lvar and the date of simconnect directly by utilizing Spad.next, and have got reliable ways successfully.
I had three issues as you know, not set the baggage with shift+4 menu, no movement of flaps, and no movement of gears.
As for the baggage, I found the Fuel and Payload in the pull-down vehicle menu of P3D was effective to the loading for Comanche too.
I have utilized the "script panel" of Spad.next for remaining two issues.
As for flaps, I have associated "Lvar; landflapsposition" to the value of "traling edge flaps left and right" of simconnect directly.
As for gears, I have associated "Lvar; landinggearleverpos" to the value of "gear center position, gear left position and gear right position" of simconnect directly.
After that, I made flights successfully.
I should find correct ways to use simconnect as designed, but aboves are tentatively effective for me.
Just for your refference.

Regards,

Moto

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”