Input Configurator Question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Heronjr
Airman First Class

Input Configurator Question

Post by Heronjr »

Good day,
I installed my new Bonanza for P3Dv5 and I am trying to configure some buttons/switches as the Yoke AP CWS, AP UP and DOWN with the Bonanza Input Configurator.

So I designed the shortcuts and applied to my Saitek Yoke and Throttle. But, when I press the CWS button on the yoke, I see in the panel that the virtual button does not come back, as when we click with the mouse. The same happens to the AP UP and DOWN. How can I simulate the same mouse click behavior using the Configurator shortcuts?

Thanks for your attention,
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3
Intel Core i7 10700KF, 3.80GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU RTX 3060 12GB w/2 Monitors

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Input Configurator Question

Post by Paughco »

Waiting to see the reply from somebody who knows somethin'.

Seeya
ATB

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Hi,
I think I could come to a solution for this problem attributing only letters to the shortcuts instead of Control-letters. Of course I don't know why the heck the system does not accept the Control key plus a letter resulting in the virtual button being pressed without returning. Maybe the problem is within the Saitek and Spad.Next drivers system, because applying any shortcut using the keyboard, everything works.

I think this post can be considered resolved.

Thanx
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Heron,

I've just tested the Ctrl + Z key combo for the CWS button in my P3Dv5 install of the Bonanza and it works as expected with the button on the yoke returning to its non-depressed position when the key combo in question is released (as it does with hardware buttons with my setup).

As you mentioned, the issue may be something to do with the specific software/driver setup on your system. I'm afraid I don't have access to any Saitek hardware to try and reproduce the issue further.

Just out of interest, are you using the "Direct Input" or "Raw Input" method in the P3D "Other Controls" settings?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Heronjr
Airman First Class

Post by Heronjr »

Hi Nick,
I visited for the first time the "Other Controls" P3D section (had no idea what for is that) and the option ticked there is "Direct Input".

For others that use SPAD.Next, the CWS button solution is assigning the LVAR "L:CwsSwitch" with the command "Toggle Bit" = 1. This resolves the natural press/release action at the pilot's discretion. So here, no need to use the Input Configurator.

For the Autopilot UP and DOWN, I used the Input Configurator, assigning single letters (no Control-Letter) to 2 buttons on my throttle quadrant with a 3 seconds press in each. I still have to evaluate whether this time is sufficient for a good normal pitch.

Regards,
Heron Domingues, Jr
P3Dv5.4 Academic
MB Gigabyte B460 HD3

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”