Sunday 11-Feb-2024 Puget Sound Tour

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 11-Feb-2024 Puget Sound Tour

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits: I'm proposing a tour of the Puget Sound area in slow GA or T-6 aircraft. We'll start and finish at Mears Field, in Concrete, Washington (3W5). From there we'll fly west down the Skagit River and wag our wings over the Longhorn Saloon, where the Hog Ridin' Fools usually have their Safety Meeting on most Wednesdays. Then we'll do T&Gs at Anacortes (74S), Orcas (KORS), Friday Harbor (KFHR), Burden Field (61WA). From there we'll fly across the Salish Sea to a special treat, Blue Ribbon Field (W29), which is where the only female HRF, "Tina the Fast," wing-walked on a Stearman biplane. Not just any Stearman, but the actual airplane that was in the movie "Independence Day!" From there we'll hit a few more ORBX airports, such as 2WA1 and OS9, over to Whidbey Air Park (W10) (I've never been there before), to the cherry on top, which is Vashon Municipal (2S1) (you T-6 guys get ready for that rudder pedal dance). From there we'll take a shot at the Black Diamond strip (95WA). Get ready for the next cherry on top, which will be the death-defying run into Fall City (1WA6). After that, we'll fly up the Snoqualmie Valley for a T&G at Firstair in Monroe (W16), then the relatively easy approach into Harvey Field (S43). Wanna do a full-stop so we can get lunch at the Buzz-Inn? Nah - we got places to go and things to do! Next up on our list is a T&G at Camano, then east past the Oso Landslide Memorial to a MANDATORY full-stop landing at Darrington (1S2). Why, you ask? Well, they have the world's best fried chicken at the little deli in the IGA Supermarket. You can use your COVID hand sanitizer to remove most of the grease off your fingers afterwards. We'll fly up Hwy 530, past the Sauk-Suiattle Indian Rez to Rockport, where we'll fly down Hwy 20, back to Mears Field.

Here is the SkyVector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.5298156072 ... 136W%203W5.

Meet at: 1930z for a 2000z departure.

Our flight will be 295 NM and should take about 2 hours and 14 minutes, not counting our brief stop at 1S2.

Recommended aircraft: the slowest prop-driven aircraft you've got with sufficient range. For me, that will be my A2A T-6 Texan.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Mears Field, in Concrete, Washington (3W5).

Local takeoff time: 1200 local, 10-Feb-2024

Active Sky Weather: Historic, for the above local takeoff time.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”