Tutorials: NEW Climb Video

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
t4ka78
Airman

Re: The Comanche Cruise Tutorial

Post by t4ka78 »

New here....I'm already needing another video like this one about takeoffs and/or landings! :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Comanche Tutorial Videos - NEW Walkaround Video

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just added a walk around video

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Scott - A2A wrote: 15 Aug 2023, 16:33 Just added a walk around video

Scott
Just a silly thought;

From the sounds of emptying the Fuel/Water test bottle, it's as if it is being emptied on the ground. If there is no water in that fuel why not put it back in the tank and keep that much less aviation fuel off the ground.

Can there be other contaminates in the bottom of the bladder such as dirt.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

bcote689
Airman First Class

Post by bcote689 »

So far, I find the A2A Comanche video series is quite impressive with regards to the quality of the production, being interesting to watch and being educative. I don’t think I would have learned more watching a video from King Schools about cruise flight. Keep doing more if you can :).

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

bcote689 wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 21:45 So far, I find the A2A Comanche video series is quite impressive with regards to the quality of the production, being interesting to watch and being educative. I don’t think I would have learned more watching a video from King Schools about cruise flight. Keep doing more if you can :).
Go back and watch other videos on the A2A Simulations youtube channel if you like Scott's style.
Cheers
Trev

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I watched the new video yesterday morning, then went for a flight in the Comanche in the evening. Coincidentally, on doing the walk around, the right flap had become squeaky in operation where it hadn't been before. My Comanche has almost 4,800 hours on the clock, so I guess such things are to be expected. That got fixed pronto as I have had a flap blow out on landing in FSX days and that didn't end well :cry: .

I haven't flown anything else since the release of the Comanche, and I doubt I will until the next release. Nothing else comes close.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Comanche Tutorial Videos - NEW Engine Starting Video

Post by Scott - A2A »

jeepinforfun wrote: 16 Aug 2023, 15:59 From the sounds of emptying the Fuel/Water test bottle, it's as if it is being emptied on the ground. If there is no water in that fuel why not put it back in the tank and keep that much less aviation fuel off the ground.
The fuel is actually being put back in the tank.

BTW, we just put out a new tutorial on engine starting.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tutorials: NEW Engine Starting Video

Post by wblackret »

Hi Scott!
Cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the Comanche. Since release I haven't really flown any other aircraft in MSFS. Really appreciate the videos as well. Thanks to you and the entire A2A Team for giving us this plane to enjoy.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

skybluenova
Senior Airman

Post by skybluenova »

I don't think that I even have to mention, as probably many others have done that before, but your videos are really outstanding. I very much enjoy watching. Keep them coming! :mrgreen:
Dennis, FRS94:
Proud member of the FriesenFlieger VA

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

skybluenova wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 17:15 I don't think that I even have to mention, as probably many others have done that before, but your videos are really outstanding. I very much enjoy watching. Keep them coming! :mrgreen:
Yes, very instructive and multiple viewings often required for my pea brain.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tutorials: NEW Taxi Video

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Added Taxi video folks, have a great weekend! 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

What is the music source during the closing video credits?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Adding todays video too the first past as well as here too

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Great job on the new Climb video (that will surely be posted here soon). There's one thing I would have liked to see Scott talk about more: Power setting. He mentions that at max gross weight, he would have used 1900rpm and 25", but what other power settings are useful? What do you normally use to climb? I find that if I use 2400rpm, unless my throttle is fully open I have a hard time climbing at more than 500fpm with a heavy plane.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

cristi.neagu wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 07:27 Great job on the new Climb video (that will surely be posted here soon). There's one thing I would have liked to see Scott talk about more: Power setting. He mentions that at max gross weight, he would have used 1900rpm and 25", but what other power settings are useful? What do you normally use to climb? I find that if I use 2400rpm, unless my throttle is fully open I have a hard time climbing at more than 500fpm with a heavy plane.
My normal climb setting on the A2A Comanche has always been 2400 RPM and full throttle. Unless I've had specific reasons to do otherwise, I've been using these with great success. There is nothing wrong staying all-in on the throttle, but you'd want to monitor your cylinder temperatures. If I am getting uncomfortably hot, I first increase airspeed and only if that does not keep the temperatures from increasing further, then I reduce the throttle accordingly.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”