Sunday, October 22 - Mile-High Madness

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Sunday, October 22 - Mile-High Madness

Post by ratty »

Are you ready for a real workout? This one is intended for fixed-gear GA. I don't know how to describe this flight, I just thought it would be fun (challenging).

We start at Salida/Harriett Alexander Field Airport and go clockwise. There are substantial variations in the terrain; the Skyvector tracks indicate only the connected airports, NOT any required or recommended routes. All waypoint airports DO require a touch and go on the active runway.

Enjoy!

Skyvector looks like: https://skyvector.com/?ll=38.2567304236 ... AEJ%20KANK

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Salida/Harriett Alexander Field Airport, KANK/0V2 (Zero-Victor-Two).

Aircraft: Piper Cherokee, Cessna 172, or similar.

Local takeoff time: 0800.

Weather: Live, if suitable. There are mountains and valleys and lots of climbs and descents, so you need to be able to see the ground all or most of the time.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday, October 22 - Mile-High Madness

Post by Paughco »

Looks like a fun flight! One note: in P3D v5, I get overlapping airports for KANK and OV2. Skyvector only shows KANK. The overlapping airports are a real drag - it's like there are two airports, one on top of the other, with slightly different elevations.

I fixed it! KANK is a P3D v5 default airport. 0V2 is an Orbx add-on airport in the Global Airport pack. The global airport pack is here: a disk drive on your computer:\Orbx Library\p3dv5\Global Airport Pack\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery. Right near the top of the list you'll see these two files: ADE_FTX_FTXG_0V2.bgl and ADE_FTX_FTXG_0V2_CVX.bgl. I just added my initials to the end of each of those files and then launched P3D. Ony one airport!

Then I launched Little Nav Map and on the menu list at the top I selected Scenery Library, Load Scenery Library. A window opened up and stuff happened. Finally I selected Use Scenery and now everything looks good. I'll check it out with a test flight this evening.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”